View Poll Results: What color should Toyota make the second FT-1 concept?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • White

1 10.00%
  • Black

2 20.00%
  • Blue

1 10.00%
  • Orange

0 0%
  • Sliver

0 0%
  • Gray

2 20.00%
  • Yellow

0 0%
  • Green

1 10.00%
  • Purple

1 10.00%
  • Other: Write in thread

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fast Tracking FT-1? Second Concept & Racing Version Already Underway!

Cars
    Toyota

Toyota Fast Tracking FT-1? Second Concept & Racing Version Already Underway!

Name:  FT1.jpg
Views: 3955
Size:  472.1 KB

Name:  FT2.jpg
Views: 3578
Size:  528.8 KB

Cars
    BMW
    this will follow the same path as FT86

Cars
    86_ZC6 HYBRID TURBO AWD TS STI GTS DOHC
    As long as they aren't on that 10+ years schedule I think it's ok, I still expect to see this thing like 2018 maybe.

Cars
    Alfa Romeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaku View Post
    As long as they aren't on that 10+ years schedule I think it's ok, I still expect to see this thing like 2018 maybe.
    It took the Toyobaru only 3 years from FT-86 Concept I to GT86 Production.

Cars
    Toyota
    ^I think it was closer to two years.

FT-86 debut at the 2009 Tokyo Motor in October of 2009. The first production debuted at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Show in November.

Cars
    M3
    I think we might see it in late 2016 as a 2017 model year.

Cars
    Toyota

Toyota Aims to Deliver FT-1′s Virtual Performance for Real

Toyota might be making serious moves toward a production version of the FT-1 concept that set Detroit ablaze last January.

In what look like scanned pages of MotorTrend’s July issue, the magazine reports that Toyota Motor Sales – the company’s U.S. arm – is rumored to have ordered a second copy of the FT-1 concept in a different color following overwhelmingly positive feedback on the auto show circuit. The same report suggests that Toyota is working on a wide-body race car version in a video game tie-up, possibly with the Gran Turismo racing franchise.

MotorTrend opines that a second concept car being ordered signals Toyota taking a more serous look at building what was originally meant to be a design study because that would mean the company greenlit additional spending on the project. Word is, Toyota wants to shoot for the 2,900-lb weight and 485-hp output rating that the FT-1 Concept claims in Gran Turismo 6.

There still isn’t any word on what might power the car, but Toyota is currently working with BMW to co-develop a sports car. Bavarian Motor Works is currently using a turbocharged inline six-cylinder engine to power its newM3 and M4 siblings, so it isn’t outlandish to imagine that engine showing up in Toyota’s yet-unnamed sports car. In the BMW application, the engine pushes out 425 hp, which would put the FT-1 in spitting distance of that goal before any sort of enhancements.

A Toyota spokesman was not available to comment on the rumor.
    http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...roduction.html

Cars
    Alfa Romeo
    Don't want any BMW engine, especially not the BMW M4 engine, when Toyota own Lexus RC F has a better engine.

Cars
    Toyota
    Just a wild guess, but maybe they will use the V6 TT that is rumored for the next gen IS-F?

Cars
    Toyota
    On a different note FT1Club has been linked to all these auto news sites.

WordCarFans.com
    AutoGuide.com
    GTspirit.com
    egmCarTech.com
    TopSpeed.com

Cars
    Alfa Romeo
    So we better get some insider on FT1 Club, as we do on FT86 Club.

Cars
    Toyota
    I hope the second concept will be closer to the size of the production car. Toyota did stated that the red FT-1 concept was made 10% larger to give it greater stage presence.

Cars
    Toyota
    Speaking of the racing version, it was previewed a long time ago.

Cars
    Alfa Romeo
    Quote Originally Posted by VH_Supra26 View Post
    I hope the second concept will be closer to the size of the production car. Toyota did stated that the red FT-1 concept was made 10% larger to give it greater stage presence.
    Really? Then I'm even more eager to see it come. What would be its lenght is the car is to be 10% smaller? If so, there are even more reasons to think it might get a V6, being a shorter engine. But 485 PS from a NA V8 in 1300 kg? That is supercar car performance.

Cars
    Toyota
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Really? Then I'm even more eager to see it come. What would be its lenght is the car is to be 10% smaller? If so, there are even more reasons to think it might get a V6, being a shorter engine. But 485 PS from a NA V8 in 1300 kg? That is supercar car performance.
    Yup! Thats a hard one. Because Toyota officially never gave us any specs for the actually red FT-1 concept. The specs that everyone has been going by is from GT6. So we don't really know if that is the same specs as the actual concept itself.

Anyways, I posted it on SupraForums awhile back. 10% less than the GT6 spec would make this car shorter than the 86/FR-S.

Representatives from other automakers shouldn't take the FT-1's dimensions seriously. To make the car more imposing on stage, Toyota designers made the concept car 10 percent larger than what a real-world vehicle would be, Hunter said. What's more, there was little involvement or input from Toyota's engineering department. The "engine" under the hood is a prop, not an actual powertrain.
    http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...ure-sports-car